Get in touch

Canadian Experience Class

Canada has various programs with different requirements and needs. People can look for their program to come to Canada, and later, they can apply for permanent residency. Express Entry is one such plan that invites immigrants to work in Canada. Express Entry has a category named “Canadian Experience Class” in which, if you are a skilled worker and you have experience of working and staying in Canada, then you can apply for Permanent Residency.

What are the minimum requirements to qualify for CEC?

1.   You must know the required language for your job, and you should pass listening, reading,
       writing and speaking tests for the same.  
2.   You must have at least one year of current, competent job experience in Canada; this can
       be satisfied in a number of ways, including:
       a.   One job, full-time: 30 hours each week for 12 months means a full year of work for 1,560
       b.  Equal number of part-time jobs: as in: 15 hours per week for 24 months equals one full year
       of work (1,560 hours). To fulfill this criterion, you may have as many part-time jobs as you
       c.   30 hours per week over the course of 12 months at more than one job equals one year of
       full-time employment (1,560 hours)
3.   You must have gained this experience under temporary resident status with validation to
       work there.

For temporary foreign employees and foreign students who go on to earn Canadian work experience, the CEC is a well-known alternative. One of the three programs overseen by Canada’s Express Entry system is the CEC. All you need to know about the CEC is provided in this thorough Sky Beat Immigration feature.