Get in touch

Other relative for Sponsorship
You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these

1. you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don’t have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:

    1.1 – spouse o common-law partner
    1.2 – conjugal partner
    1.3 – son or daughter
    1.4 – parent
    1.5 – grandparent
    1.6 – orphaned brother or sister
    1.7 – orphaned nephew or niece
    1.8 – orphaned grandchild

2. you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed
above), who is a:

    2.1- Canadian citizen
    2.2 – permanent resident
    2.3 – registered Indian under the Indian Act

If the relative you want to sponsor has a spouse, partner, or dependent children who will come with
them to Canada, you must include them on the same sponsorship application.

Adopted Child
There are two processes that you must go through when you adopt a child from another country:
the adoption process and the immigration process.
The immigration process has two parts:
 the application for sponsorship; and
 the application for permanent residence for the child.

After your child arrives in Canada as a permanent resident, you can apply for citizenship on the
child’s behalf. However, the adoption must be finalized before the child can be granted citizenship. It
is quite easy to sponsor your family if you have right documentation.