Get in touch

Family Sponsorship

In some situations, immigrants have to stay away from their families in order to succeed in their dreams. They come there to study or to work for a bright future. It becomes quite tough for them to stay away for a longer period of time. After all, family is family. The Canadian government has started many programs for different requirements. However, there are various ways through which you can call your family to you or they can come to you to stay together. One of the most reliable and successful programs to call your loved ones to your place is the Family Class Sponsorship Program.

Your relatives can live, study and work in Canada if they become permanent residents of Canada.
You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you’re at least 18 years old and a:
1.  Canadian citizen or
2.  person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or 

3.  permanent resident of Canada.

Who can apply under Family Sponsorship Canada?

1. Your spouse
2. Conjugal partner/ Common law partner
3. Parents
4. Grandparents
5. Dependent Child
6. Sibling
7.  Niece/Nephew (must be above 18 years of age and unmarried)

You can sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild only if they meet all of
these conditions:

1. they’re related to you by blood or adoption
2. both their mother and father passed away
3. they’re under 18 years of age
4. they’re single (not married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship)

You can’t sponsor your brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild if:
1. one of their parents is still alive
2. no one knows where their parents are
3. their parents abandoned them

4. someone else other than their parents is taking care of them while one or both their parents are          alive
5. their parent is in jail or otherwise detained